Tuesday 26 August 2014

Painting

I was recently at a meeting of people who communicate by typing.  This (below) was my response to a question about art and painting.

The pictures are of me working with Janet, who is the art teacher at The Tertiary Place (TTP).  We paint together on Thursday mornings and I look forward to these sessions every week.



The gift of the paint is presented before me.

Then the picture in my mind's eye flashes up on the screen of my thoughts.

Reality becomes a mixture of light and shadows and hues which reverberate through my senses.

Ready to organise my body with each stroke and watch the canvas materialise into the projections bursting forth from the void in my head.  Some deep unknown mystery.

To brush and weave colours is a beautiful process unfolding.


No comments:

Post a Comment